March 14, 2019
Leading ice cream company Froneri has launched Nuii – a brand new premium ice cream stick – in key markets across Europe, including the UK.
Created from high quality, exotic ingredients – and with a tantalising taste to match – Nuii reflects the booming indulgent and adult ice cream market. Research by Kantar Worldpanel* shows the luxury ice cream category growing by 8.2% last year by value, and 3.9% by volume, meanwhile sales of adult lollies grew by 17.1%.
Froneri has invested significantly in Nuii’s development and launch, installing new state-of-the-art production facilities. As a result, there is nothing like Nuii currently on the market, offering a high quality, indulgent experience.
Froneri CEO Ibrahim Najafi explains: ““Froneri is the second largest ice cream company in Europe, and the third largest worldwide. Our vision is to build the world’s best ice cream company, and part of our strategy is to develop local market successes and roll them out across our other markets.
“The market for indulgent, adult ice cream is growing. Nuii, is offering a new experience in this category, building on the success of our Connoisseur brand in Australia – and we are confident that European consumers will love it.”
The Nuii brand is intended to grow the luxury category, appealing to those who can’t currently find a premium stick that reflects their values and taste preferences. Nuii comes in a range of favours including Salted Caramel & Australian Macadamia; Dark Chocolate & Nordic Berries; Cookies & Idaho Valley Mint; and Almond & Java Vanilla, White Chocolate & Scandinavian Mountain Cranberries, and Peanut Butter & Canadian Maple Syrup and is available inGermany, Austria, France Italy, Spain, Portugal and the UK.
Froneri at a glance
Froneri is a fast-growth international business with a vision to build the world’s best ice cream company. A passionate challenger brand, we are building the market through a focus on ice cream, delivering value for retailers and consumers.
- Created in 2016, 2nd largest manufacturer of ice cream in Europe
- 3rd largest worldwide
- Number 1 private label producer worldwide.
- Operating in 20 countries
- Over 10,000 employees worldwide
- €2.5bn revenue in 2017
- Long-standing licence partner with Nestlé and Mondelez
Froneri is not only a strong branded business but also holds the undisputed number 1 position in private label globally. Froneri’s top 10 retailers globally for 2018 were; Aldi, Edeka, Carrefour, Tesco, Woolworths, Rewe, Co-op, Coles, Asda, Galec.
We believe in the power of a strong culture that has people at the heart of everything we do. Our guiding principles are simple and followed by everyone in the business. Dedicated to the pursuit of becoming the world’s best ice cream company our culture is focused on delivering the best quality and benchmarking to drive efficiency. This enables and inspires strong performance from all parts of the company.
Brands by country:
- Australia – Connoisseur, Mövenpick, Nestlé Maxibon, Nestlé Milo, Oreo, Peters Drumstick, Proud & Punch
- Brazil – Nestlé EPA, Nestlé Mega, Oreo, Sorvetes Nobrelli, Torpedo
- Bulgaria – Milka, Nestlé Boss, Nestlé Magnum, Nestlé Pirulo, Nirvana, Oreo, Toblerone,
- Finland – Aino, Fazer, Mövenpick, Nestlé Pirulo, Pingviini
- France – Daim, Extrême, Milka, Mövenpick, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé La Laitière, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé
Smarties, Nuii, Oreo, Toblerone
- Germany – Antica Gelateria del Corso, Bum Bum, Daim, Kaktus, Milka, Mövenpick, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé Smarties, Nuii, Oreo, Toblerone
- Greece – Lacta, Milka, Nestlé Boss, Nestlé la Cremeria, Nestlé Magnum, Nestlé Pirulo, Nirvana, Oreo
- Italy – Antica Gelateria del Corso, Coppa Del Nonno, Milka, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé la Cremeria, Nestlé
Maxibon, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé Smarties, Nuii, Oreo, Toblerone
- Poland – Kaktus, Milka, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé Pirulo, Oreo, Schöller Ice cream, Toblerone, Zielona
- Romania – Milka, Nestlé Best, Nestlé Joe, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé Topgun, Nirvana, Oreo, Toblerone,
- Russia – Extrême, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé Maxibon, Mövenpick, Oreo, 48 Koneek
- Serbia – Milka, Nestlé Best, Nestlé Familia HIT, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé Topgun, Nirvana, Oreo, Toblerone,
- Spain – Extrême, Milka, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé La Lechera, Nestlé Maxibon, Nestlé Pirulo, Nestlé
Smarties, Nuii, Oreo, Toblerone
- Switzerland – Antica Gelateria del Corso, Daim, Extrême, Mövenpick, Nestlé Maxibon, Nestlé Pirulo, Oreo, Pralinato, Schöller Ice cream, Toblerone
- UK – Extrême, Cadbury Ice cream, Green & Black’s Organic, Kelly’s of Cornwall, Mövenpick, Nestlé
Fab, Nestlé Kit Kat, Nestlé Smarties, Nuii, Oreo, Rowntrees, Toblerone